You all know by now that I love my garden. I enjoy watching things grows and eating the fresh fruit and veggies I get. But I really, really, really, really (it's a long list of 'reallys') do not like weeding. I have spent over 8-9 hours weeding my garden this year. That is more than any previous year. The grass and weeds are putting up such a fight to stay in my garden! With my produce growing and covering up a lot of weeds, it makes that job that much harder to do! If I had the money I'd hire someone to weed for me!
That said. Let me tell you about my garden and what we are growing. Dave and Devin tilled it 3-4 times prior to planting. We used chicken compost this year-I'm a total fan now! We are growing corn, yellow squash, cantaloupes, green beans, okra, zucchini, pickle size cucumbers, large cucumbers, jack-o-lantern pumpkins, and giant pumpkins. It's a lot of stuff! I usually have watermelons too, but there simply wasn't room for them this year. The squash and zucchini have been plentiful and delicious so far. My cucumbers are almost ready as are my green beans. I'm so excited! I love eating and enjoying what I've grown. It's nice to be so deliciously rewarded!
Now you know. I love my garden, but HATE the weeding. Yucky weeds.
No comments:
Post a Comment