No, I'm not an Internet addict. I can take it or leave it. BUT, I do love what the Internet feeds me when I am on it.
Via the internet I have seen or heard about my nieces and nephews being born. I have heard of jobs lost or gotten. I have seen teeth fall out of those same nieces and nephews, and new ones coming in. Through this vast, and scarily unsecured, portal I am able to keep contact with family thousands of miles away and reminisce with friends about what we've been doing since...(enter year or school here).
I see my family grow and am in awe of the wonderful people my siblings have become (some I had my doubts about!). It's an amazing tool, when used correctly. So, there is my small ode to the Internet. Now, I'm getting off of here and going to go bake me a yummy chicken for dinner!
See? I can leave it! But, because I love you all, I'll be back to check on you!
No comments:
Post a Comment