Homemade "Shout" Stain Pre-Treater
2/3 cups Dawn Dishwashing Liquid
(I had Palmolive on hand, so that's what I used)
2/3 cups ammonia
6 Tblsp baking soda
2 cups warm water
Mix everything together then use a funnel to pour into an old Shout bottle or other spray bottle.
To use: shake bottle then spray on stains as you normally would. I usually let mine "soak in" for a few minutes at least. Then launder as usual.
2/3 cups Dawn Dishwashing Liquid
2/3 cups ammonia
6 Tblsp baking soda
2 cups warm water
Mix everything together then use a funnel to pour into an old Shout bottle or other spray bottle.
To use: shake bottle then spray on stains as you normally would. I usually let mine "soak in" for a few minutes at least. Then launder as usual.
Homemade “Oxy-Clean”
Make only enough for 1 individual load as the solution will lose its efficacy after 6 hours. Simply throw in ½ cup of WASHING Soda and ½ cup of Hydrogen peroxide. Allow to soak for maximum effect-can be used on coloreds and whites. You may just add the ingredients separately when you add the detergent to the load and get the same results.
Homemade Laundry Soap
1 Cup Borax
1 Cup WASHING Soda
1 bar Fels Naptha
Grate bar soap into a large pot. Add 6 cups of water and melt soap. Add Washing soda and Borax until dissolved. In a 5-gallon bucket add 3 ½ gallons of hot water, pour in the soap mixture, then finish filling up the bucket. I stir my soap periodically to keep it from congealing into one big block of gel. I use about ½ a cup of detergent in each load. (I love liquid soap! With my hard well water powder laundry soap just ends up clumped in my clothes. For those of you that would rather do powders, allow me to refer you to my SIL with her powdered soap and uses for vinegar in laundry. Although, I may use powder soap in the future if I feel so inclined. Hers is such a great recipe that I'm tempted to give it a go.)
No More Static Sheets!
Instead of throwing in a static cling sheet, throw in a 3-4 inch wide crumpled sheet of aluminum foil. It works much better and the foil may be reused!
Homemade Dishwasher Soap
2 cups Borax
2 cups Washing Soda
2 cups Lemi Shine
1 cup Kosher salt
White vinegar as a rinse aid instead of Jet Dry
Homemade All-Purpose dish cleaner
I put about 1/4 cup of baking soda in a small glass bowl and squirt in hydrogen peroxide until it makes a nice paste. Then I rub it on the offending dirt/stain/grease...whatever! I usually just use my fingers...but I also use a small sponge at times as well.
I put about 1/4 cup of baking soda in a small glass bowl and squirt in hydrogen peroxide until it makes a nice paste. Then I rub it on the offending dirt/stain/grease...whatever! I usually just use my fingers...but I also use a small sponge at times as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment